I know I am working full time outside of the house now but still I should be getting more crafting done. Someone who posted a comment on my giveaway page has given me a good idea.
I've decided to put at least one hour a day aside for making something with my hands - thanks for the chance to try something new!
November 13, 2010 7:02 PM
Setting a specific amount of time as a goal to work on projects is a great idea. It makes more sense than just winging it like I have been.
Some weeks I am happy with the amount of work done and some not. If I set a specific time aside and then that is that. I will not try to judge by the amount of work just be happy if I have filled the allotted time.
I plan on doing this for the rest of the year and see how it works.
I also am setting new rules for working on my projects. I used to think you could not be creative if you had to abide by rules and regulations but I have since discovered that "some" rules are needed or it all can turn into unproductive chaos.
So here is the plan....
- Daily a minimum of 2 hours will be set aside for working on projects.
- All errand and shopping will be done on one of my days off.
- No more than 2 projects in the producing stage and one in the designing stage at one time.
- I must have all structural aspects decided before I start a project, (I have three purses in my closet awaiting handle decisions..not good) embellishments can be decided as I go.
- At the end of each month I will photograph and put a slide show of what I have produced on this blog.
- Good or bad I will move on to the next project or next design. No regrets, just design decisions based on past projects are allowed.
- Every third project has to be in a different medium than the two before it. I think this will keep things lively.
- One project a month has got to be put on the blog as a tutorial. This will keep me thinking about the hows and whys of my projects.
I thinking learning to create peace in my own mind is the hardest project I have been working on.
So here are the projects I have completed for October.