Saturday, October 17, 2020

Starting New Nature Journal

So I found a book at Goodwill that is the perfect size to make a little art journal to fit in my purse to take camping with me. It is about 8 and 3/4 by 7 and 1/2 inches. 

It is a children's book in Spanish with damage to the inside cover and writing on a few pages but the spine and covers are intact. As you can see it has lovely illustrations that I will keep for inspiration.


I took out the pages and planned on making one register with mixed pages of watercolor, drawing and mixed media page from these pads.


In the end I decided the water color paper was too thick so I left that out and added some graph paper.
I made the graph paper just a bit smaller than the pages. The pages are 8 by 14 folded so they fit way beneath the book cover. I may add some envelope or pocket pages before I sew it to the spine.




 
I glued some printed tissue to the inside covers that I plan on decorating later.

This is where it is right now. When it dries I will get the pages sewn in and leave the cover to decorate last.


No comments:

Post a Comment