Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Journey

I sometimes wonder how I got where I am now from where I started out. I don’t mean how I got from New England to Texas I know how that happened. I fell in love.

It is as simple as that. Well maybe not simple, love has never been simple for me. I don’t know which is harder sometimes to feel love or to feel that someone actually loves me. Either way it is hard for me. So…..

My husbands family lived in Texas so after I got out of the army I came here with him. That is the how I got to Texas story. A simple sweet love story with its share of drama and sheer horror at times…LOL

The facts are: I was born in Vermont, grew up in Rhode Island and went in the army after my first marriage collapsed and I was in a horrendous car accident that left me checking out of this world three times. I actually lost a great deal of my memory after the car accident and only remember bits and bobs of things from my childhood through my twenties. I cherish the memories I do have left even the sad ones.

But how did I get to where I am in life? I never had the desire for wealth (good thing huh) but I do have a desire for peace of mind and the sense of who I am and where I am going. Sometime even my simple life spins around so much that I don’t have a chance for either.

I don’t mind that the path is a rough one and a long painful hike I just would appreciate knowing where I am hiking to. I know, I am the captain of my own ship, the guide on my own journey and so forth and so on…. But I think someone needs to throw me a compass because I appear to be lost.

The book the Secret tells you to visualize what you want as though you already have it. How does that work for those of us who can’t figure out exactly what it is they want?

So I am using blogging to get all the thoughts that are rattling around in my head out into the universe, sort of a cyber echo location attempt maybe I will get an echo back that will help me find my way.

Feel free to put in your own two cents about my journey and my work. I could use the help.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment